Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thoughts.

Every time I sit down to write another post I am overwhelmed by all of the thoughts going on in my head. I have caught myself numerous times over the course of a day composing blog posts without even realizing it. The list of things I want to discuss grows longer and longer, to the point where I am unsure where to start. Especially knowing that my audience is so diverse……what is appropriate and what is not?

A good friend of mine has a blog from the time she spent as a CIDA intern a few years ago. I have been reading the archives of her blog from that time period as a source of encouragement. Even though we are working in different counties on completely different projects, the issues remain the same:
language barriers, isolation, loneliness, blackouts, transportation challenges, co-workers of a different culture, making friends, trying to be patient, learning to procrastinate effectively, craving foods from home, taking pleasure in really small accomplishments, wondering what on earth we are doing here, wondering how to be effective, questioning development as a whole….and the list continues.

Her blog is my greatest source of comfort and validation. I read it as living proof that I will survive the struggle and come out on the other end to tell its story.

But then, when I go to write my own blog, I wonder why I don’t just send you all the link to hers ;)

No comments: