Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Random Thoughts.

My hair hates it when I travel. It is not cooperating at all.

The other day I was sitting at the pool at the hotel near my house (yes, shameless escapism), and there was a young girl with blond pigtails who was very entertaining. She was wearing flippers on her feet and was amusing herself by taking large steps around the pool where the flippers would flop onto the ground, making a very satisfying ‘flop’-ing noise. I reminded me of how good it is to be a kid. When activities consisting of repeated actions or loud and weird noises are the most amusing of all.

But truthfully, anyone who knows me well can attest that I still find those types of activities highly amusing and can amuse myself in that fashion for an extended period of time.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Yay for finding pleasure in the small things!

If going to a hotel makes you feel like you can keep your spirits and movtivation up, then do it! You know what I'm about to say...How can the caregiver give care if they are too stressed/overwhelmed to? (which might be the situation you get in if you don't do things like go to hotel and watch little girls wearing flippers - that is meant in the most non- creepy way possible btw)